If you’ve been staring at the word tankless for a few seconds, thinking “what the heck does that even mean?” then believe us when we say you’re not the first one to do that. Tankless water heaters do indeed exist, and the technology that comprises them can provide a plethora of benefits to you and your family.
So, to anyone out there in the market for water heaters in Delray Beach, FL—look no further than our team. This is a decision that should be made with the aid of professionals. Modern-day hot water tanks and tankless water heaters are incredibly efficient pieces of machinery, which means any misstep in the installation of them can lead to catastrophic problems that end up costing you more money than you’re comfortable spending.
We’re going to go into detail about the unique benefits that a tankless water heater offers, how it works, and give you some tips on deciding whether this system is right for your home.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
We all know (or at least should know) how a tank water heater works. Your home’s water is kept in a tank that is perpetually kept at a high enough temperature that your showers are hot, your sinks can give off warm water for washing, and your washing machine can operate on different settings. Unfortunately, sometimes that tank runs out and you’re left waiting for the hot water tank to refill, or you’re spending too much money on keeping your water hot when you’re not using it.
That’s where a tankless water heater comes in! These systems are small and operate by using gas burners to heat a steady stream of water on-demand. That means you get the hot water exactly when you turn the faucet. The water is heated instantly and it is a constant stream that never runs out, unless you use all of the water in your municipal water supply. If that happens, you’ll probably be getting a call from the mayor before you notice.
So, what does a tankless water heater have to offer? Let’s take a look.
- Increased Efficiency. It turns out that a system that doesn’t have to keep water heated at all times is actually incredibly energy efficient!
- Longer Lifespan. A tankless water heater spends less time in contact with water, which means they don’t suffer as much long-term water damage.
- Unlimited Hot Water. We mentioned earlier that tankless systems provide unlimited hot water.
Would a tank water heater be better for your home? Perhaps!
- Higher Initial Cost. If you’re shopping for a water heater on a budget, a tankless water heater simply costs more.
- Expensive Installation. This is why it’s so important you’ve got a local team like ours to take care of the installation, it can be costly and intense.
- Low Water Pressure. In some cases, a tankless system can be poorly sized for your home, requiring more water output than is possible. Tank water heaters never have to deal with this problem, since a certain amount of water is always available.
Well, there you have it! If you’ve ever been curious about a tankless water heater and the benefits it could provide, we’ve given a pretty thorough overview.
At Admiral Plumbing Services, LLC, you can count on nice people and super service. Call our super friendly team today!