After a seriously hectic year, you’ve discovered a small dripping leak in your basement. So, you appropriately grabbed the bucket and towel, and set up a little station to catch the water. As long as you empty this bucket out every day, you should be fine for the foreseeable future, right? After all, you’re just waiting until after the holidays to get it replaced!
Well, this might not be as sound of a strategy as you think it is. Leaks are leaks, and no matter how small they are, they still pose some serious problems that you might want to be prepared for if you’re waiting on calling for professional plumbing in West Palm Beach, FL.
Today, we want to look at some of the issues that might come with a small basement leak, and why the earlier you call for professional service, the better!
5 Problems With a Continuous Leak
Continuous leaks pose many problems that come with them, as we’ll get into below. Just remember that the solution to this doesn’t have to be expensive or a hassle. Our team provides fast leak plugging services at a competitive rate, so you’re always getting a job well done.
- You’re still paying for that water. One bad reason to let a leak go is the fact that you’re still paying for the water that’s leaking from your system! If you’re trying to save money by not calling for professional plumbing help until after the holidays, you’re actually wasting money because of the water that’s leaking into the bucket you placed.
- Standing water breeds mold. When that water exits your closed plumbing system and enters the environment of your home, it can start to breed mold. This is especially true if the leak location is in your basement. Avoid mold and mildew growth by getting this leak patched quickly and keeping things dry with plenty of towels.
- Leaking water will mess with your home’s humidity levels. One other thing that can mess with your quality of life, is the fact that your leaking pipe will ruin your meticulously set humidity levels in your home. A portion of that water will evaporate into the air around you and it will cause your air to feel more humid and lead to mold growth on your furniture and elsewhere in your home.
- It could start affecting your water pressure. Depending on where the leak is and how bad it is, it could start affecting your water pressure. This means that every time you take a shower, wash your hands, or even enjoy a bath, you could be seeing a drop in water pressure that’s a result of a leak that isn’t plugged.
- It’s obnoxious and your family might notice it! Last but not least, if you’re planning on having family over for the holidays, then it’s always better to get this fixed now rather than later. Your relatives will notice it and probably say something, and the kids will run around and play in it like it’s a sprinkler. You’re going to be better off fixing this now.