When you’re preparing a Thanksgiving meal, your plumbing system goes through a lot. That’s why it’s one of the busiest days of the year for plumbers. Despite the potential boost in business, we’d much rather help you take the steps to prevent plumbing problems so that you don’t end up with a plumbing emergency in the middle of your holiday celebrations.
- Know the sources of drain clogs: One of the best things you can do for your kitchen sink is to become aware of the most common sources of drain clogs, and to encourage your family members to throw away certain food scraps rather than dumping them in the drains. This includes turkey bones, corn cobs, food wrappers, and FOG (fats, oils, and grease) that can solidify in the drains—like gravy!
- Eat as much as you can: That’s right; go ahead and use your drains as an excuse to eat all the food on your plate! The less stress the disposal unit has to take on, the better, so store leftover food in the fridge and throw away some food scraps to prevent encountering a drain clog over the holidays. If you must put large chunks of food into the disposal, break it into smaller pieces first.
- Replace a broken disposal unit: Don’t go without a disposal on the biggest cooking day of the year! Make your job easier, and call a local plumber today.
- Upgrade your faucet: Your faucet is going to take on a lot of work on the big day. If your faucet is prone to leaking or if it is simply not up to your standards, consider upgrading to one with greater ease-of-use.
- Consider professional drain cleaning: Professional drain cleaning with hydro jetting blasts blockage out of your pipes and sends it to the sewer. It can also clean out the residue from your drainpipes, making it more difficult for residue to collect in the pipes and reducing the chances of drain clogs.
- Buy a plunger: Some of the simplest items can make this holiday a lot less stressful. Having a quality plunger designed for use in the sink means one less thing to worry about should your drains clog.
Call our super-friendly team for exceptional service before the holidays are in full swing. Admiral Plumbing Services, LLC installs and services plumbing in West Palm Beach, FL.