Your drains mean everything to the functionality of your home. Think about it, when you’re drinking coffee and you need to wash the mug, to when you’re using the bathroom, to when you’re running the laundry, it all goes back to your drains. With clogged or slow drains, you see a major net negative in many aspects of your life, and we’re here to try and curb this with drain cleaning in Palm Beach, FL.
What should you do to your drains on a regular basis? What shouldn’t you do to your drains? These are questions that every homeowner asks but not every homeowner has access to a trustworthy professional with answers. We know exactly what you could be doing right now to extend the lifespan of your plumbing system, keep your drains in good shape, and avoid clogs as much as possible.
If any of those things sound good to you, then keep reading.
What You Should Do
Drains aren’t really as complicated as many homeowners might think. Sure, repairing them or treating clogs might be complicated, and might warrant the help of a professional, but the idea of drains themselves is pretty simple. They’re the pathway for your wastewater to exit your home and start its journey towards a water treatment facility. That’s it! Now, here are some tips that homeowners could do on a daily basis that help strengthen their drains in resisting clogs and materials that would slow them down.
- Use a mesh screen. Mesh screens are available at most grocery or hardware stores, and their sole purpose is to block food waste from entering your drainage system. This allows for better mitigation of materials that would otherwise clog your drains.
- Use your ears, nose, and eyes. Does your drain gurgle when water goes down it? Does it smell bad? Do you notice a lot of standing water in your sink? These are all signs that your drain desperately needs to be cleaned, and being vigilant is always a great idea.
- Schedule routine drain cleaning. Routine drain cleaning services are a wonderful way to have peace of mind in knowing that your drains are always in good shape. Schedule a routine with us today.
- Use drain snakes and plungers. As long as they’re the right shape and material, drain snakes and plungers can be great for removing clogs, clearing drains, and allowing you more time to use your plumbing system.
What You Should Never Do
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes homeowners do things that we’d rather they didn’t.
- Don’t use chemical drain cleaners. These materials are caustic, harmful, and will degrade your plumbing system with only a minor chance of removing your clog.
- Don’t reach your hand down your drain. Your hand is not a very good tool when it comes to removing a drain clog or cleaning your plumbing system.
- Don’t try to unscrew, take-apart, or repair anything. Leave the actual plumbing work up to a plumbing professional. Only people like us have the right tools and expertise needed to do the work the right way.
At Admiral Plumbing Services, LLC, you can count on nice people and super service. Call our super-friendly team today!