Yes, even in an area where we get plenty of rain, it’s important to conserve as much water as possible. Water supplies on the earth are not unlimited, and everyone should do their part to reduce water waste as much as possible.
Unfortunately, some homeowners don’t realize that they are wasting water. They may do their best to take shorter showers and turn off the water in the sinks when they’re not using it for any period of time. But hidden leaks around the home drain water unexpectedly.
In fact, the average family’s household leaks—the ones around the home you may not really notice—account for almost 10,000 gallons of water wasted per year.
So how can you reduce water waste? You already know the small steps:
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth.
- Take shorter showers.
- Only buy appliances with the WaterSense label.
But you should also detect and fix leaks around the home. Call a plumber if you notice leaky faucets and showerheads or a running toilet.
When a toilet is running, it usually means there is a leak between the tank and the bowl. But sometimes, your toilet can have this leak even if it’s not making any noise. How can you find out?
Call a plumber for a dye test for your toilet! Here’s how it works.
- Our plumbers are equipped with dye tablets that change the color of the water.
- They’ll drop the tabs in the tank (the top part) and wait about 15 minutes for the results.
- If the water in the bowl changes color as well, you have a leak.
- Plumbers may recommend repair or replacement parts. They may even be able to repair a broken flapper on the spot.
Contact Admiral Plumbing Services, LLC for bathroom plumbing services in Lake Worth, FL and for all of your plumbing needs.